In summary, PWA is a web page that offers features that your customer would have if they used a mobile application.
Imagine that you need to make a purchase in a particular company. But for this to happen you need to download an application on your phone. This will take time, 3G and it may be that the application stays on your smartphone and you never use it again.
Just as this example suits you, it will also serve your client. You’ll have a much better engagement with it if you offer faster, more convenient service.
In this article you will understand how PWA excels in today’s digital marketing actions when compared to a mobile application. Be sure to check and read!
Progressive Web Apps – Understand What is PWA
As I said earlier, PWA is a new technology that allows you to use a web page as if it were a mobile application. Basically, you will surf the internet with the benefits that a mobile application gives you.
There are several features that these technologies allow, such as:
- Smartphone home screen icon
- Push Notification
- Splash screen
- Processes that run in background
- Support for running offline
- Camera access and photo and video gallery
- Location access
- Access to your smartphone contacts
If you stop to think, PWA provides several benefits for your customers when compared to traditional applications.
For example, with a standard application, you need to spend time convincing your client to install your application. And often your client will only need to use your application once or twice, uninstalling it right away.
In addition, there is still the difficulty in installing an application. If your client is using mobile internet, he will think before installing an app, especially if your internet is limited.
This way, there is the chance that the customer will not even get to install your application, causing your company to lose engagement with the client.
With PWA this does not happen. Let us understand why.
Advantages of PWA
- You will solve your customer’s problem as soon as he finds you. There will be no need to convince your client to download an app. He will do it all there on the website, increasing his conversion.
- You create an engagement with the customer. At the first access it will already have your problem solved. In the next you can request other permissions, such as push notifications, create icon in home and etc.
- The site adapts to the size of the screen, that is, it is responsive.
- The site will not look like a web page, but an app.
- It is safe, since PWA site must conform to HTTPS protocol.
- Works on all devices, even older ones. So there will not be that problem of the client not being able to install the application because their cell phone does not support the version.
- There is no risk of being uninstalled.
- Therefore, PWA becomes a very rich tool to make your customer experience much better, increasing the results of your company.
In addition, it can be used in several situations, bringing numerous benefits to the marketing actions of your company.
Benefits of PWA for a company’s digital marketing actions
- PWA are accessible offline
Progressive Web Apps have the ability to fully function offline. This will make your site more accessible to your audience, thereby creating a greater engagement, as it can verify your site’s information, even when no connection is available.
- PWA are friendly with SEO
Unlike native applications, PWA allows you to continue working on your indexing and positioning through SEO. After all, they are accessed through web addresses. In addition, you can still speed up your ranking process.
- May have greater engagement and performance
PWA works better when compared to traditional sites. They are faster and optimized. That way, your chances of increasing conversion and customer loyalty increase.
Also, since PWA requires fewer steps than a traditional application, engagement with your audience is much faster.
Now you know what PWA is and how this technology can improve engagement with your audience. Now it’s time to create your PWA!